Noise complaint - information we need when you make a complaint to us

Without this information we can't accept your complaint or carry out a thorough investigation, because the law requires us to monitor the noise from within your home.

It may be necessary to share your contact details with other teams (such as housing services if you or your neighbour live in a council property) or with the community safety team or Derbyshire Police if there are other anti-social behaviour issues.

Not all noise problems can be investigated, see more on our noise nuisance advice page.

When you have completed the form, click the Submit button at the bottom of the page to send your complaint.

Do not use this form to make a request under the Freedom of Information Act. Please use the Freedom of Information request form.

Contact information

The following questions are about you, so that we can accept your complaint and investigate it.
We are unable to investigate anonymous complaints. The law requires us to monitor and assess the noise from within your property so we do need your contact details. Please be assured your contact details are kept securely and we never disclose who has made a complaint.
* Name
* Address
* Town
* County
* Postcode
* Phone number
Email address
Please provide us with an email address if you have one (we can contact you electronically, which saves paper and is quicker than the postal system)

About the noise problem

* Description of the noise (eg barking dog, loud music, house alarm)
* When does the noise usually happen? (it is really helpful to list recent times and dates)
* When the noise happens, how long does it last? (eg a couple of minutes, 15 minutes, one hour)
* How long has the problem been going on for?
* How does the noise affect you?
* Have you spoken to the person causing the noise about the problem?
* Have you reported this to us before?
* Have you contacted anyone else regarding this? (please give us their details and any outcome)

About the source of the problem

These questions are about the person causing the noise, please provide as much information as you can
Name of the person causing the noise
* Address where the noise is coming from (please provide the postcode if you know it)
Their phone number
Any additional information?
May we pass your details to partner agencies (eg housing services, community safety or Derbyshire Police?)

Thank you for taking time to provide us with this information. Your details will be recorded on the complaint system and kept confidential.

We will contact you to let you know if we can investigate your complaint. In the meantime please keep a written diary of incidents that cause you a disturbance, including times, dates, and details of the problem.

Chesterfield Borough Council is committed to protecting your privacy when you use our services. We will use the information you provide in this form to respond to the issue you have raised, or provide the requested service.

In order to do this, we may need to share your information with third parties.

We may also share your information with other public sector bodies where we have a statutory requirement to do so, including sharing information for crime and taxation purposes and fraud prevention.

For more information about how we handle your information, see our main privacy notice and the Community Safety Partnership privacy notice.